Thursday, September 8, 2011

Introducing Kate Danley

Kate Danley (Doris Del Monaco) is a Maryland Distinguished Scholar in the Arts and twenty year veteran of stage and screen with a B.S. in theatre from Towson University. She's acted bi-coastally, everywhere from the basements of abandoned churches to the British Embassy and Kennedy Center. She played Dr. Livingstone in Agnes of God, which won three ACT Awards, including Best Play. Los Angeles audiences may recognize her as the White Trash Fairy Godmother in the Ovation winning Blake… da Musical! Her debut novel, The Woodcutter, was honored with the Garcia Award for the Best Fiction Book of the Year. Her screenplay Fairy Blood won 1st Place in the Breckenridge Festival of Film Screenwriting Competition and her screenplay American Privateer was a 2nd Round Choice in the Carl Sautter Memorial Screenwriting Competition. Her short films Dog Days, Sock Zombie, SuperPout, and Sports Scents can be seen in festivals and on the internet. She is a founding member of Angry Marshmallow Productions. She performed sketch and improv at the Acme Comedy Theater, iO West, and Second City. She trained in on-camera puppetry with Mr. Snuffleupagus and recently played the head of a 20-foot dinosaur on an NBC pilot. She has appeared on Homicide, America's Most Wanted, Head2Toe, and The Great Books. She lost on Hollywood Squares.

www.katedanley.com
Repped by Madcatch Entertainment

1 comment:

  1. Kate and I met at The Acme Comedy Theatre a couple of years ago as members of the Bravo Sketch Company. When I came up with the idea for The Playhouse, I knew I wanted to write with a partner to keep me motivated and to bounce ideas off of. I approached Kate thinking she would be ideal for the role of Doris. And I knew she was a good writer to boot. What I didn't know was how much she had written. Kate was already the veteran of a couple of web series. I couldn't have asked for a better writing partner. I didn't know how to go about any of this prior to talking with Kate. She is a one-person production company. Everything from pre to post production. She is a dynamo and a terrific actress to boot.
    The smartest move I made was calling Kate and asking her to write with me. Thank you Kate. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete